The study of cuddling and body contact, which is frequently taking place in physical gatherings of yuniteers.
- Have a look at this introductory presentation to get a short overview about the topic.
- Consult the History of unconditional body contact to find out how it all started.
- Read the core text of lamâschology to join in on our scientific approach to spreading a cuddling culture.
Etymology (word origin)
Definition within yunity
Derived from "la mâche" [French]: corn salad.
Unconditional love in the stricter yunity sense.
|Started out as 'lamâschen' (following the German word formation and conjugation paradigm) but was mostly used in English-speaking contexts and thus changed to fit them better.|
To really, truly, deeply appreciate someone's presence.
Can also be applied to the physical action of caressing others while feeling said appreciation.
Since body contact is intimate and everybody sets their boundaries differently confusion is to be expected!
We all experience it and figure out how to deal with it on the go, so don't think you are the only one if a situation arising during lamâsching puzzles you and don't be afraid to address it verbally!
The significance of lamâsching is perceived differently by every yuniteer. Some consider it an existential part of their vision of yunity, while others don't.
If you like the project in general, but don't fancy all this touching, it is no problem at all! Nobody has to participate in lamâsching to be part of yunity!
- Lamâsching introduction
- Lamâsching Culture
- Lamâsching Availability
- Lamâsching Schools
- History of unconditional body contact
- Ways of dealing with unpleasant lamâsching experiences
- Physical intimacy/skinship and appropriateness