We agreed in Harzgerode that for us the term group values signifies a set of values, which we thrive to fulfill. It should be a list of commonly shared ideas, which guide our behaviors. On top of that it can serve as a slight control mechanism, to figure out, if what we do or how we act fits in the network we chose to be a part of.
For now, there is no order in the listing of these values.
- To work together on projects, which take us closer to the commonly shared vision.
- To find people pursuing the same goals and interests, instead of doing everything by ourself.
- To make our results accessible and share whatever insight or product is reached.
- To be as aware as possible, be it of our direct surroundings, of other people's perspectives or of the implications of our actions.
- To behave in a way, that is thoughtful and considerate.
- To gain joy from the smallest things, because we really perceives them.
Openmindedness and tolerance
- To be able to accept difference, be it difference in opinion, approach or lifestyle.
- To try and stay flexible in our conviction, always knowing that our most basic assumptions could be wrong.
- To avoid arrogance and dominance by understanding that diversity is a blessing and not a curse.
Openness and honesty
- To be willing to reflect on differing perspectives, as well as productive criticism. (intake)
- To be willing to share, what's important to us, without being afraid to put people off. (output)
Self-determination and freedom
- To be able to decide on our own, which responsibility to take on.
- To see our own freedom dependent on the freedom of others.
- To understand that true freedom is not selfish and that independence doesn't exist.
Sustainability and efficiency
- To act in a way, that does the least harm possible to the environment.
- To aim for our work to be of long-lasting significance.
- To make use of processes and technologies, that enable us to require less time and resources to achieve a set goal.
- To be ourselves, standing fearless in our own truths.
- To understand our own driving forces and to not be ashamed of them.
- To align thoughts and actions in a way that makes sense according to our own conviction.
Respect and appreciation
- To behave in a way that transports a generally positive attitude towards people, even if we disagree with them.
- To give feedback using a tone, that transports the content most productively.
- To not hesitate to express appreciation, if felt.
- To expect people to do the best they're capable of.
- To trust, that people are good at the core.
- To be willing to see unknown people as possible friends rather than threats.
- To be active instead of passively waiting for something to happen.
- To feel empowered and legitimate in deciding our own plans of action and to not be afraid to get started.
- To actualize ideas and make our vision a reality by putting in our own hands' and mind's work.